- Way too many ads
- The ads sometimes block content on smaller devices, making the content unreadable
- The ads are sometimes malicious, causing an antivirus to pop up and block the site
- The ads make the site extremely slow
- When the user interacts with the pages before the ads finish loading, the page jumps back to the start to make the user click on an ad
- Page loads really slowly.
- No, your internet is fast, the real problem is Fandom.
- "Are you a kid or an adult?" popup every time you visit a page from a search engine
- Bright yellow theme, practically no customization
- Collects all your data - your IP, your location, etc.
- Now, I have no proof on this, but they probably sell the data to data broker companies.
- Annoying sidebar on the left
- Worst thing is, it doesn't even work properly.
- Ate up Gamepedia in 2021.
- Gamepedia was the best wiki host for games, but now, all the wikis are now integrated into Fandom, and Fandom has shifted its focus from games to movies.
- When they did the merge, the old wikis that were on Fandom were forcibly archived and stripped of their subdomains, breaking a ton of links
- Terrible wiki interface
- Intentionally makes it hard to move your wiki out
- You need to ask Fandom support to get an up-to-date XML dump, else you'll just get one from a few days ago
- Once you move, you can't delete the old wiki, not even delete all the pages because that's also against their policies
- Basically no moderation
- The only thing the mods do is delete rants about Fandom and deleting LGBT wikis (no, they actually did that in 2022)
- Has SocialProfile extension. It's wonky, slow, and terrible overall.
- For some reason VisualEditor is just especially slow on Fandom. Not sure why, probably because loading ads in the background
- Very strict policies